26 January 2015

Product Review: Garnier Fructis De-Constructed Move It Manipulating Gel

Look no further for touchable texture!
This is one of the many reviews that is long overdue. I bought this gel several months ago to try out and have been thoroughly enjoying it. It is pretty much exactly what I was looking for. The Garnier Fructis De-Constructed Move It Manipulating Gel is the perfect product to add texture without making my hair tacky or stiff. It is also super quick and easy to use, which I love. Who has time to individually groom each section of hair?

I've found that this gel works best on wet or damp hair. Garnier's website says you can use it on dry hair, but for me, I don't find it works as well on dry hair. I usually use it right after I wash my hair. I tend to sit with a towel on my head for roughly fifteen minutes after my shower so it isn't sopping wet. Then I comb through my hair and get my bangs in order. Next I massage a little 100% pure Aloe Vera Gel into my scalp and scrunch a little more into my hair. I use the aloe on my scalp to help prevent dandruff and work a little volume into my roots. I scrunch it through the rest of my hair to give it a bit of moisture and shape. Then I take a small amount (roughly a dime sized dollop) of the Move It Manipulating Gel, rub it between my palms, and scrunch that into my hair. The Manipulating Gel really does a good job of helping my hair hold the shape that I made with the aloe vera gel.

This is what it looks like after applying the Manipulating Gel when my hair is still wet:
Got some nice reflected light off of the snow.
And here is what it looks like a few hours later once my hair has dried:
"Lovely" yellow artificial light
As you can see, it helps my hair keep a nice wave in it, rather than drying to an unattractive not-quite-straight. After I sleep on it, a lot of the specific waviness is gone, but a little water and some scrunching re-activates it. I've been super happy with this gel and, as a bonus, one tube lasts forever! I'd definitely recommend it to anyone looking to inject a bit of tousled texture into their style.

No comments:

Post a Comment