21 September 2015

Knitting Projects

I love knitting, but I secretly hate blocking my projects. A lot of it has to do with the fact that I feel like I have no idea what I'm doing when I block an item. I have put off sharing a hat I made last spring because I still have yet to block it. After finishing two other projects in the last couple weeks, I decided just to photograph it anyways.

First thing I knit was another tea tote. I'd sadly lost the blue one I made several years ago (with lots of tea inside it!). I kept hoping it would turn up, but it has not, so I big the bullet and made a new one.

Posing with a tea bag.
A few tea bags stuffed inside. This bag could have used some blocking, but I knew I was going to overfill it, so there didn't seem much point.
 Next up is the hat I made last spring, which needs to be blocked so that the pattern really pops. Knowing me, I'll probably just wear it like this anyways. Ravelry page for it is here.

It has a lovely pointy almost floral pattern to it.
Front and side views of the hat:


Finally, I decided to whip up a nice big, chunky cowl from some yarn Maggie had given me. Sadly, the two skeins I had weren't enough and I had to hunt down a third. As you can see, the colorway of the third skein was not at all the same. But, I decided I could live with it.


One of the reasons I chose this pattern in particular is that it's supposed to be the right size/shape to comfortably wear as a hood/snood. This was sort of a trial run to see if I like having a cowl with a hood, as there's one or two patterns I'd really like to make, but I wanted to make sure I'd actually wear them before I put the effort into making them.


So that's what has been going on in my knitting world. Right now I'm trying to plug away at my socks and ignore the siren call of mittens and leg warmers.

No comments:

Post a Comment