15 September 2015

Opening Night Make-up Look

Opening night for a show is always a chance to dress up, which usually means it's also a chance to do something fun with my make-up. The show I just opened is Sondheim's A Funny Thing Happened On the Way to The Forum, a farcical musical comedy. In our version, we've highlighted the wealthiest character as always wearing gold and also having gold coins all over his house. I used this as the inspiration for my eye make-up.

Since it had to get me through the whole day, I started off by doing a something a little more subtle. I did a base of Maybelline Eye Studio Color Tatoo Metal 24hr Eyeshadow in 65 Gold Rush, with a bit of gold powder eye shadow, wet n wild Color Icon Shimmer Eyeshadow in C30 Golddigger and Sephora Collection Colorful Eyeshadow in No 72 Movie popcorn, on top to set it. I then lined my upper lids with e.l.f. Essential Expert Liquid Liner in #4210 Copper. I smudged a tiny bit of a black-brown liner on my lower lids just to define them, and topped it all off with some mascara.

After the performances, but before the opening night reception, I quickly added some black wings with the e.l.f. Essential Expert Liquid Liner in #21706 Charcoal and highlighted the inner corner of my eyes with e.l.f. Essential Jumbo Eyeshadow Stick in #21631 Little Miss Thing. It turned out to be a nice dramatic look that was pretty simple to accomplish.

Here are a couple photos of the finished look I snapped when I got home:

Close-up of the eyes. The camera washed out the look a little bit.
Look of the full face (lipstick is gone in this photo).
There is also now a photo up on Facebook of me looking impossibly tall next to the rest of the stage management team for the show.

From left to right: PA Chelsea, ASM Maegan, SM Rachel (me!), Sub-SM Lauria, Waredrobe/PA Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment