15 August 2011

Once again...

I have slagged off and left this blog sitting here for over a year. I thought about creating a new one, but I don't think that's entirely necessary. Yes, now I'm married. We finally got our own place, a nice little apartment in Cranston, RI. I work at PetSmart "part time" (which means I'll work anywhere from 16-40 hours a week depending on how much they need me). I'm either a bather or a cashier, sometimes doing both in one day. I've only done a couple gigs remotely close to what I eventually want to be doing (one was at MoCA, the other overhire for a dance company). But, I'm hoping to make inroads there soon.

The reason why I wanted to take up this blog again is that I really need to start making a push towards design if that's what I really want to do. Gary mentioned the possibility of something long-distance in the future which would be nice. The big thing standing in my way at this point is MONEY. I can't really quit my "day job" and start pursuing random gigs until Mike can get something more steady. But I can try and see what I can do in the meantime.

So, I'm not sure if this is going to become an online journal to document whatever happens to be going on or if I'm going to try and channel it in a more productive/creative direction. I guess we shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment