First we cut out a pattern from her old cozy. We double checked that it would fit around the girth of my tea pot (she had the exact same one so we used it to measure). Then I had to pick out some fabric from the various fabrics she had in her scrap boxes. After much indecision (at one point we were thinking about using quilt squares that never made it into a quilt) we settled on a green tropical pattern and a light blue corduroy. I wanted use two cute fabrics, rather than just white muslin inside, so that it would be reversible. I foolishly didn't take any pictures while we were making it, but here is the finished product.
|Cute tropical outside (modeled on Mum's tea pot)|
|Corduroy inside, with the tropical edging|
We also went and got a pedicure. Mum got a super fancy pattern with lots of rhinestones. I got something simpler and not as bumpy.
|Mum's toes- green torqouise color with black|
|My toes- coral with a black and white design|