27 May 2013

Clothespin Bag

I hadn't mentioned this yet since it was a present, but I decided to make Mum something for Mother's Day. I know that she loves getting handmade gifts and with my re-discovery of knitting, it seemed only fitting to knit her something. And since I was coming to visit, I waited to give them to her until now. In the end, I actually ended up knitting her two things, one as sort of a joke and the other for real.

The joke thing was a wine bottle topper (being modeled here on our spiced rum). It was actually quite a hit as far as joke gifts go.


Her real gift was a Clothespin Bag. I found a really fun pattern on Ravelry for one that would help teach me cables. Also, I knew it was something Mum could use since she has a clothesline inside and outside, and was continually having to cart the clothespins back and forth. I had a few flubs but, overall, I'm pretty happy about how it turned out.

Laying on the carpet- just finished!

Testing it out on my clothesline.
It really is amazing what motivation and a deadline will do for you. I was fairly behind on it for a while, but then my ticket got booked and I only have a few days left. I took it to work and knit a little bit backstage (much to the amusement of all the actors). I finally finished it less than 12 hours before we had to leave to get me on my flight, but I did! And now it's hanging on the clothesline outside. I walk by it everyday on my way to the outside shower.

No comments:

Post a Comment