21 September 2013

Beauty Review: e.l.f. Studio Matte Lip Color

Today I decided to be bold and try out my new e.l.f. Matte Lip Color in Rich Red. I'd originally planned on also trying out my new glitter liner, but the red lip was such a statement that I decided to save the glitter for another day. I was pleased to find that the lipstick was fairly red when applied, despite the swatch I'd done on my hand looking more pinky.

Start the day off with a statement.
Not only was I happy with the color, but it was also nice on my lips. It's matte, so it wasn't quite like wearing a standard lipstick, but it didn't dry out my lips either. It also did a good job of not moving once it was on my lips, so long as I wasn't eating or drinking. And even then, if I was just sipping on my tea, there wasn't much that transferred to my mug. I managed to keep up with it until between shows when I ate dinner. At that point, I decided to give in to the inevitable and let it wear off a bit. I just dabbed some Rosebud Salve on top of whatever was left and called it a day. By the end of the night, it was actually a nice pink of leftover stain.

Two shows done!
The color in the second picture didn't come out great, but I promise my lips are a much brighter pink than they are naturally. I think it is definitely a home run in the red lip department and I won't hesitate to wear it again, especially for a special occasion where there's not much eating or drinking.

2 comments: