25 September 2013

Make-up Look of the Day (Friday)

Lovely neutral look I'm definitely going to try again.

I was really happy with how my make-up turned out on Friday and wanted to share it, especially as it used some of my favorite products that I use on a daily basis. I've been sitting on the photos for this post for a couple days but knew it was gonna take a bit more time than I've had to write it up. So tonight I threw on some Cutthroat Kitchen and got to typing.

Here you can see all the things I used to create the look, including the staples of my e.l.f. brushes, my bargain eye lash curler, and the scent I chose to wear (Dark Kiss from Bath & Body Works).

All the goodies
Face
Clinique Moisture Surge Tinted Moisturizer in Shade 01
Clinique Redness Solutions Targeted Concealer
e.l.f. Essential Clarifying Pressed Powder in Ivory and in Honey
Forever 21 Peach Shimmer Eyeshadow
Physician's Formula Mineral Blush in Rosy Glow

Most days, I tend to go lighter and only use pressed powder, but I decided to put on my Clinique Tinted Moisturizer. I love what a great base it gives to my make-up and just how much better my skin looks when I use it. After that I popped on my Clinique concealer, my e.l.f. pressed powder, my favorite blush from Physician's Formula (I use this almost every, single day), the darker powder from e.l.f. as a contour, and the shadow from Forever 21 as my highlight.

A little sparkle and a little flush.
Eyes
e.l.f. Studio Cream Eyeshadow in Candlelight
e.l.f. Essential Jumbo Eyeshadow Stick in Little Miss Thing
Clinique Shadow Quad (a sample one so there's no link)
NYC Kohl Brow/Eyeliner Pencil in 992 Dark Brown
Clinique High Definition Mascara (discontinued)
Maybelline Volume Express One by One Waterproof Mascara
Maybelline Expert Wear Brow & Eye Pencil in Medium Brown



Amazing neutral quad from Clinique
For my eyes I used my e.l.f cream eyeshadow in Candlelight as a nice, light, shimmery base. I pretty much always use one of my e.l.f. cream eyeshadows every day. It just depends on what the look will be to determine which color I'll use. When I use Candlelight, I usually put the excess that is left on my finger along my nose and on my cheekbones to enhance my powder highlight. On top of the Candlelight, I used the shadows from the Clinique shadow quad. I'm going to be ever so sad when I run out of these colors, because I have no idea which ones they are. It isn't one of their normal quads, but a special edition one, so the shadow colors aren't even listed on the back. Anyways, I love this quad because it is the perfect little pallet for a neutral look. And depending on how much of the different colors I use, it can be more subtle or a smokey eye.
Closer look at the eyes.

After I was happy with the shadow, I put on a skiff of the NYC eyeliner in Dark Brown, and smudged some of the darkest color from the quad on top of it to blend it into the color world I was creating. Then, I had the brilliant idea to use the e.l.f. Jumbo Eyeshadow Stick in the inner corners of my eyes to really make them pop. After that I used my (apparently discontinued) Clinique mascara with the Maybelline on top to add more volume and waterproof it. Lastly, I lightly filled in my brows with my Maybelline brow pencil.

Lips
Clinique Long Last Lipstick in Bamboo Pink

I must admit that I've never really understood the more understated, frosty pink lipsticks that some people really love. However, Clinique's Long Last Lipstick in Bamboo Pink has won me over. It's similar to what I get from one of my Burt's Bees Lip Shimmers, but just a bit more polished. It has become one of the things I grab out of my lip box, more often than not.

And that was my make-up look from Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment