20 September 2013

New Nightstand: Dumpster Find #2

Several years ago I rescued a very sad piece of Ikea-like furniture from the dumpster at Yale during move-out. It became my nightstand for my senior year and ever since them. It has always been quite wobbly and one of the shelves was put in upside-down. I'd been thinking recently that it might be time for me to be an adult and actually purchase a real nightstand when, on Wednesday, someone left a nice, black side table by the dumpster. I scooped it up and brought it inside. It was a little dusty and well loved, but it was in sturdy condition and is SO much nicer than my old one.

Pluto and the coconut pet say hi. :)
On my nightstand is my lamp that Mum and Sir bought me freshman year (it's seen better days), my glasses case, a fan from my wedding, tissues, and a tiny candle from Bath and Body Works in a no-longer-available coconuty scent. In addition, there are my three nighttime beauty essentials: Queen Helene Cocoa Butter, Warm Vanilla Body Cream, Carmex Lip Balm. I always use the lip balm and one of the lotions before I go to bed every night. I'm using underneath to store all my DIY supplies- empty jars, cardboard tubs, coconut oil, and the like. It may not look like much, but I'm ridiculously excited about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment