12 April 2014

S'mores Cookies

I've been having a really crazy sweet tooth lately, so I decided to try out one of the many cookie recipes that I've collected from Pinterest. Last time we went grocery shopping I got all the extra things I'd need to make these S'mores Cookies. Mine didn't turn out quite as lovely as the ones from the blog, but they were quite tasty. The original recipe has an option to add cinnamon, which I did, but I think they would be better without it. The cinnamon fights a bit with the rest of the flavors.


S'mores Cookies
11 Tbsp unsalted butter, softened
1 cup brown sugar, packed
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp sea salt (I used coarse Kosher salt)
(optional) 1 tsp cinnamon [I'd leave this out]
2 1/2 cups flour
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup mini marshmallows
3 regular sized Hershey's bars, broken into pieces
1-2 packages graham crackers, broken into squares

1) In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Set aside.
2) In a mixer, cream butter with white and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs and vanilla and mix until combined.
3) Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and combine on low speed.
4) Fold in the chocolate chips and marshmallows. Chill dough for 1 hour to overnight.
5) Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper. [I never have parchment paper, so I skipped this. Just make sure to put the sheet high in the oven so you don't burn the bottom.] I used my largest cookie sheet and had just a little bit of dough leftover, which I made into regular type cookies on an air-bake sheet.
6) Lay out graham cracker squares side by side on the pans so they touch and cover the surface. Lay out as many as you need for the amount of dough you have.
7) Place tablespoons of dough on the graham cracker squares about 1 to 1 1/2 inches apart. [You can go to the original post to see how she did this.] Press down the cookie down slightly with your fingertips.
8) Bake for 5 minutes then remove from oven and press one piece of Hershey's bar onto each tablespoon of dough. (Or more or less if you like!)
9) Bake for an additional 5-7 minutes until the edges begin to turn golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Cut apart when the dough is cool. [I attempted to follow the graham cracker squares when cutting.]

As I said, they are quite delicious. I think if I make them again I'll definitely omit the cinnamon, add more marshmallows, and perhaps just a bit more chocolate (either the chips or the Hershey bars).

No comments:

Post a Comment