|© 2015 rae ann kelly of raeannkelly.com|
1) Cut out two 3 1/2 inch squares of the fabric of your choice for each hand warmer. (You can make your hand warmers larger or smaller, so long as they're squares.)
2) Put the two squares wrong sides together and sew around with a 1/4 inch seam allowance, leaving an opening about 1 1/2 inches wide. Backstitch both at the beginning and the end.
3) Fill about 3/4 of the way with rice. For squares that were 3 1/2 inches, I used 30g of rice. (I measured so that I could make sure they were all evenly filled.)
4) Pin the opening and sew shut.
5) Use pinking sheers to trim the edges.
If you don't have pinking sheers (I had to borrow a friend's), instead of sewing wrong sides together, you can sew them right sides together in step 2. Then, before step 3 when you fill it with rice, turn the bag right side out. After you fill it, you'd simply pin the opening and whip stitch it closed.
To use the hand warmers, all you have to do is pop them in the microwave for about 20 seconds.
And that's it! Super simple and simply adorable. I think it took me longer to get my machine out than it did to actually make them.