22 August 2013

Mini-haul and hello!

There's this thing called the Young Company Summer Festival at Stoneham Theatre. There are six shows total and three run in rep during two consecutive weekends. If one were to Production Manage this festival, one wouldn't have enough time to get a good night's sleep, much less write blog posts. Okay, so maybe during the last weekend once the shows were up I may have read more than eight books while I was sitting backstage and could have easily written some blog posts, but at that point, my brain cells were barely working. And so I am forced once again to apologize for my long absence. As a quick note to my last post, I have been using the Squeaky Green shampoo Maggie gave me and I LOVE IT. I have not used any other shampoo since I got it.

I don't actually have anything all that exciting lined up for this post. Just a mini haul from today. First thing I got was a Color Whisper by Color Sensational Lipstick from Maybelline in 40 Orange Attitude, which has really cool packaging, in my opinion. I had a coupon from my Glamour magazine which is why I went ahead and splurged. There were a ton of really fun colors, both in the Color Whisper shades but also in the regular Color Sensational lipsticks, but I ended up going with this one because it is a nice, wearable coral color when on my lips. I've really been digging coral lately, especially on the lips, and rather than get a red that I probably wouldn't wear much, I decided to get this color which I might actually wear more frequently. It makes my whole look more polished, without screaming that I'm wearing lipstick.

The other beauty product I got today I didn't spend a dime on. One of the things I did today was clean out/organize the lost and found from the Young Company shows. Amidst all the shoes and water bottles was a brand new Neutrogena Healthy Skin Pressed Powder. It is missing it's applicator, but who cares? That's more than three times what I normally spend on pressed powder and it's in my shade. I figured it was more than worth it to scoop it up, take it home, and try it out. The night cream I've been using for more than a year is Neutrogena and I really like it, so much so that when I have to get more soon, I'll definitely be getting another Neutrogena product.

And finally, I'll leave you with my smiling face from today! My hair came out really well and I wanted to document a rare, good hair day. Only bad thing about this is that my unintentional "ombre" is really starting to show. I actually HAVE the dye to fix my hair, but haven't gotten around to dying it yet. I was gonna bite the bullet and do it, but I really want to get a hair cut. If I get my hair cut first, then I actually have enough henna to do my roots and then do all my hair to hopefully help even out the color in my hair. I took this picture before I bought my new lipstick, so I'm wearing my Clinique Chubby Stick in 04 Mega Melon.

No comments:

Post a Comment