29 August 2014

Quest for body butter and a BOGO surprise

So I have been on a quest to find a quality, but inexpensive body butter. My favorite body butters of all time are The Body Shop body butters, but regularly priced at $20, that's almost $3 an ounce. It does go on sale, but you've got to catch it when it is. The Trader Joe's body butters (Coconut and the seasonal Pumpkin) are delightful and well priced, but they are more or a mouse than a butter. I find that they don't moisturize for quite the same length of time as the body butters from Body Shop. After a bit of research, I decided I wanted to try the Cranberry and Pomegranate Body Butter from Burt's Bees. Online, it gives the impression that CVS carries them. However, after going to THREE different locations, I can tell you that they do not have them in store! It was imensely frusterating. In the end I had to order it online. I'll let you know what I think of it once it gets here!

But since I was going to CVS anyways, I picked up a few other things I needed. My pressed powder was almost out, so I picked up a wet n wild Coverall Pressed Powder in Fair/Light. I used to buy the pressed powder from their "Naturals" line (trying to get in on the market that Physician's Formula occupies), but it seems that they're fazing it out. I'm not picky about my pressed powder, as I only use it to even out and mattify whatever foundation I've used. And since CVS was doing BOGO 50% off, I also picked up a nice Coloricon Eyeliner in 650D Purple/Violet.

I also needed to get some dry shampoo, because my Garnier Volume Extended Instant Boost Dry Shampoo ran out yesterday. I wasn't dissatisfied with it, but I hadn't loved it, so I decided to try another brand. I almost got the CVS generic one, but ended up going with the Not Your Mother's Clean Freak Refreshing Dry Shampoo. I'd read some positive reviews about it, and it was also very reasonably priced. All the Not Your Mother's products were also BOGO 50% and they had an awesome deal on the Short Order Fiber Glaze Cream, where you can send in your receipt for a rebate of your purchase price. Which meant I got the Dry Shampoo for half off and the Fiber Glaze Cream for free! The cream isn't something I would necessarily have splurged on, but it was free! I used it this morning and will report back on how I like it. If nothing else, it smells delightful. I'll also do a review of the dry shampoo once I've used it.

And finally, the cherry on top of my day was the Spearmint and Tea Tree Pit Putty Deodorant I'd ordered waiting for me at home. I was starting to get desperate!

No comments:

Post a Comment