10 February 2012

New Year, New Motivation?

I've randomly started following a make-up artist named Kandee Johnson on YouTube and on her blog (http://www.kandeej.com/). She has inspired me (among other things) to return to jotting my thoughts/happenings down.

Happening #1:
I finally got the awesome Santoku knife from Crate and Barrel that's been in my registry for two years. I decided to save up my tip money from work, since I'd done pretty well around Christmas time, and go get it. Of course, it was on back-order, so I had to wait a few weeks to actually get it, but it arrived yesterday so I rushed to pick it up! Just in time too, because our only long, big knife decided to start falling apart this week. Below- picture of the crappy, falling apart, old knife next to the new awesome, amazing knife! Haven't had a chance to use it yet, but I'm sure it's going to be super fantastic. :)


Happening #2:
I dyed my hair! And really, it's about time. I've had the box of dye since probably October, but I had a problem of actually getting it done. Because, previous to this, Mum has always dyed it for me. And then I found out they were coming for Christmas, so I said, "Oh, I'll just wait until they come and she can do it for me then!" However, between work and trying to actually do stuff with them when they were here, my hair never got done. So, I spent a few hours on YouTube looking up videos on how to dye one's hair one's self (and of course most of them were actually their mom's doing it) which is when I discovered Kandee! She was one of two people who actually had a video posted of how to dye one's hair without any help. I then fussed about it for a couple days and finally did it late Wednesday night. Yay!


Bad picture, I know. My hair barely looks red at all (it's MUCH more red in person). I'll post a better picture when I can get one.

So that's what's been going on. I'm also on a mission to reorganize my make-up and get into a better nighttime beauty regime. But more about that later...

No comments:

Post a Comment