19 December 2012

Hello again friends!

So this thing called life happened, and it kind of glomped all my time. First there was the job at Williamstown Theatre Festival. It was three months long and sucked up all the time. Then I ran off to Maui to visit my family and meet my adorable nephew Parker (see the cutest funny faces to the right). After I was home for less than a week, I got a job being run crew at North Shore Music Theatre. And now I'm finishing up two back to back shows at Stoneham Theatre, the first as run crew, the second as PA (Production Assistant, aka low-man on the stage management totem pole). But, I've been doing lots of fun stuff lately and decided to get back on the blogging horse.

For a very auspicious first post back, I decided to do an "outfit of the day" type post. I've been feeling all gross and sick again, so I didn't put too much thought into it today, but I liked it none the less. It was warm and comfy.

I was wearing one of my Forever 21 black t-shirts, my black Dickies and Chucks (that you can't see), Mike's button up that he lets me wear, a leopard print scarf I think I got from Wet Seal (but it's been so long I don't remember), and a slouchy hat that I can't think where I got (though it may have been Forever 21).

As you can see, I didn't do anything fancy with my make-up today, either. Having to get up at 5:30am has that effect on me. Let me explain. Because it's a kid-friendly, Christmasy show, we have what are called "student matinees" that start at 10am. Well, because I have to be there 3 hours before we start to get all my pre-show done and it takes half an hour to get there, I had to get up super early. Luckily, there's only one more of them left (on Friday, ugh). Featured in that second photo is the oh-so-glamorous laundry room that I spend a good two hours in every show. I have to put away the laundry from the previous show, steam anything wrinkled, and iron any shirts that got washed the night before. If nothing else, I can iron a button up shirt very quickly now.

Anyways, it's time to get back to my Christmas ornaments so I can finish decorating the tree! Don't worry, I'll do a whole Christmas tree post! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment