23 June 2013

Smokey Eye

Two eye make-up looks I've always loved, but been intimidated by, are the winged liner and the smokey eye. Now that I'm starting to get a decent handle on the winger liner I decided to start to figure out the smokey eye. It really helps that I recently got the smudge brush from e.l.f. which is a big help when trying to blend a smokey eye. Here was my make-up tray for my first foray:

The main components products I used were:
e.l.f. Cream Shadow in Pewter
Clinique eye shadow in light shade (sparkly)
Clinique eye shadow in slate (stay matte)
Sephora Flashy Liner
Forever 21 black sparkly eye shadow
Clinique High Impact Mascara
Maybelline Volume Express One by One Mascara

Depressingly, I just tried to get links for the eye shadows, cream shadow, and the eye liner, none of which exist online anymore. :/ Anyways, here are photos of the finished look!

Poorly lit close up. My nose looks ginormous.

Sort of can see what it looks like, I need to work on taking better photos.
I was pretty happy with it. It was different and more smudgy than what I normally do, but it wasn't too much to wear all day for work.

No comments:

Post a Comment