03 November 2013

Two-Days after Halloween Shopping!

Today on my break between shows, I decided to run over to Joann Fabrics to try and snag a deal on some Halloween decorations. It is one of my favorite holidays, after all, and my decorations are currently quite sparse. I ended up getting two things at an incredibly steal. The first was this awesome wall sign. Depending on where we're living next year, I may hang it on our door or somewhere inside on the wall. It doesn't really show in the photo, but the frame is distressed and the "Beware!" is actually printed on screen that sits at the front of the frame. The corner stencils are then on the wood at the back of the frame. I knew I wanted a sign/door hanger of some sort, but I wasn't finding anything I really loved, until I stumbled on this. It was also the only one of its kind left. Full price for it was $29.99. I got it for only $6.26, which was even less than I thought it was going to be.
Cutest salt and pepper shaker EVER.

I also scooped up these adorable salt and pepper shakers. Not at all something I was looking for, but they were just so super cute that I couldn't pass them up. They were also a total bargain at $2.09, marked down from $9.99 (which I happily would have paid because they're so cute). I thought for a moment about saving them for Mum's birthday next year, but then I knew I couldn't give them away.

The most delicious leaf you'll ever come across.
Now that I'm home, I'm enjoying a delightful cup of my Trader Joe's Harvest Blend Tea (which is my favorite decaf tea right now) while munching on a Halloween cookie and lathering my hands in my Trader Joe's Pumpkin Body Butter. I ended up making two batches of sugar cookies for Halloween (same recipe I use for all the holidays, especially Christmas, see the recipe here). I used three of the cookie cutters from my Year of Cookie Cutters- the leaf (pictured), the pumpkin, and the apple. I made two batches so that Mike and I could eat some, cause you just can't make cookies and not eat some, and so that I'd have enough to also take some to work. They were a HUGE hit at work. I think they all disappeared before the show even started. Nick, in particular, couldn't say enough good things about them.

I also wanted to show off my new skirt. Mike and I went to Savers when we were out and about on Monday. We both picked up some dressier clothes. This skirt was one of the things I got. In addition to being super cute, it is also super comfy. Definitely a good find.

Hope you're enjoying your fall and resisting many store's attempts to shove Christmas on us already. (Don't get me wrong, I love Christmas, but you can't start celebrating it until after Thanksgiving. This after Halloween stuff is nonsense.)

No comments:

Post a Comment