30 October 2013

Birthday Beauty Haul and my first ever Beauty Video!

My birthday (October 19th) coincided with tech week of the first show I've Production Stage Managed in a very long time, so to say I didn't have time to blog about my birthday is an understatement. Despite being super busy, I did have a lovely birthday. I had Monday off and ended up doing a bunch of shopping, both for myself with my birthday money but also shopping for Thomas and Mum's birthday. Between my birthday box and the things I bought for myself, I got A LOT of beauty stuff that I'm very excited about. In fact, there is so much of it, that I decided to do my first every beauty video to talk about it. I'll still include links for everything I got, but I figured it might be more fun to film my thoughts rather than type them all out.

I do have to apologize a little for the video. On the one hand, I was pleasantly surprised at how crisp a video my phone took, so yay for that. On the other hand, my light source (also known as the sliding door) washed out a lot of things. I look rather more pale than I actually am and whenever I try and show things properly to the camera or swatches on my hand, they're not easy to see. I figured it was still worth uploading since not only was it 15 minutes of my time, but also because despite not being able to see the swatches, you can still hear me gush about everything and you can see pretty much everything, just when I set it on the table and not when I'm showing it off. I'm also putting the links for everything below, so you can see the proper colors that way as well.

Without further ado, here is my Birthday Beauty Haul! [Side note: uploading a 16 minute video to YouTube from your phone takes a really, long time. It's been over an hour and I'm only at 57%. Another note- I apparently should have filmed it in landscape because doing it portrait made it very small.]


Clinique (Bonus Gift and otherwise):
Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion +
Moisture Surge Intense Skin Fortifying Hydrator
Lash Double Mascara
Clinique Foundation- This is a powder shadow that I have no idea what it's called and all it says on the pot is Clinique Foundation. So...no link.
Chubby Stick in 04 Mega Melon and 16 Voluptuous Violet
All About Shadow Quad (special bonus gift editions- you can find the colors individually here):
     Violets with Angel Eyes (Super Shimmer), Lavender Out Loud (Soft Shimmer), Purple
          Pumps (Stay Matte), and Graphite (Super Shimmer)
     Neutrals with French Vanilla (Stay Matte), Peach Pop (Soft Shimmer), At Dusk (Super Shimmer),
          Olive in My Martini (Super Shimmer)

Benefit Gift:
They're Real! Mascara
Watt's Up!

Other Beauty Products:
Sephora Collection Nail Lacquer in L18 Money Maker (I checked, this is what it's called!)
Sephora Collection Colorful Eyeshadow in No 72 Movie Popcorn
Physician's Formula Powder Pallette Mineral Glow Pearls in Translucent Pearl
Maybelline Great Lash in Teal Appeal and Green with Envy (limited edition, so no link)
Tilt lip gloss in Strawberry (no link for this either, sorry!)

There are a few things I forgot to include in the video. The first was the boots the I mentioned at the end. They are these boots from Payless I got.

My new favorite boots.
I bought them with the money that Bamma (my grandma on my Mother's side) got me for my birthday. I've worn them a couple times and I really love them. I'm so glad I got them. They're sort of like my steel toed work boots done stage manager style.

Another thing that came in the box I almost forgot about was this sweater from Mum!

I love my new sweater! (This isn't me if you were confused, this is the stock AE photo.)
I think I've already worn it like three times. It's super comfy and just a little dressy, which is fantastic.

Maureen (Mike's mom) got me a gift card to Adagio Teas which was awesome. Just after I finished filming my birthday haul video, the package arrived in the mail. Which was actually pretty crazy considering I just ordered it yesterday. Did I mention how much I love Adagio?

So much god tea.
I got the ingenuiTEA which is this awesome cup thing that you pour your hot water and tea into. You let it seep, then you set it on top of your mug and it filters the tea right in. It's much less hassle than the tea ball I've been using and gives the tea more space to seep in which results in a better cup of tea. I can't wait to start using it. For tea, I got two flavored black teas: candy cane and christmas. They seem like really fun holiday teas, and I think Mike might actually like them too (or at least I hope so). The pumpkin spice tea in its adorable tin was free. That's right, free! They had a promotion where if you spend a certain amount, they'd throw it in at no extra cost, so of course I made sure I spent that much. I also got a free sample of the formosa oolong which is a high quality tea I've been wanting to try.

I have to say, all in all, it was a really fantastic birthday.

Oh, and I almost forgot! We have a new member of the family. Meet Jack. I went and picked him out at the Lowell Humane Society yesterday (which was Mike's birthday) but he's technically my birthday present. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment