11 December 2013

Beauty Review: Maybelline Eye Studio Color Tattoo 24HR Cream Gel Shadow

Whew! That name is a mouthful! But I'm loving the product. As you may recall, several months ago I got my hands on this product in the metal line, specifically, Gold Rush 65. It's one of my go-to colors when my goal is a sophisticated cat eye look. Well, this Color Tattoo 24 HR Cream Gel Shadow in Edgy Emerald 50 is much more playful. This is the one I picked up yesterday while I was in Target. I feel honor-bound to point out that the color in person is not quite the vivid blue green of this image. It is less blue and a bit less vibrant. Still a very fun shade though. This review may be a touch premature in that I had very little time to get ready this morning, so I skipped some of my usual steps, somewhat to the detriment of the shadow. However, here is a quick picture of my finished look for today:

Bathroom selfie!
I used a couple swipes of the Color Tattoo in Edgy Emerald as my base. Then on top of the Color Tattoo, I blended some bright blue and green shadows on the lid and some of the Sephora Collection No 72 Movie Popcorn onto the inner corners and brow bone. I ran a bit of black liner on my bottom lash line, and then smudged some more of the green shadow on the top and bottom lash line. My lashes got my new Benefit They're Real! Mascara. Plus my standard blush, contour, highlight, eyebrows routine and that was it!

After I was at work I did have a few minutes in which to do my hair, so I threw it up into the sort of faux up-do that you can see. It ended up looking a lot more 40's than I anticipated, which was sort of fun since that's the period of the show. In any case, I got several compliments on it.

Bit of a twist and lots of bobby pins.
Back to the matter at hand, I did really like the Color Tattoo Cream Gel Shadow. I don't know if I stand by its 24HR claim just yet, as I experienced it starting to collect in my crease after about 10 hours of wear. However, at this point- 15 hours after application- despite some creasing, it has stayed pretty well and looks more than acceptable. It certainly creases less than other cream shadows I've tried and I suspect it may become my new favorite base for more colorful shadows.

2 comments:

  1. Extremely jealous you have They're Real! Mascara and Omg your hair color is amazing. Freshly dyed maybe? It looks really really good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I did the wine red henna from henna color lab on Thanksgiving, so this about two weeks later. I've gotten a few compliments on it. I was going to go with a less natural red for my next color, but I may do this again instead.

      Delete