30 April 2013

Springtime splurge

I had a few things to return to Target today that I'd originally bought for Lilly before I order what she wanted directly from e.l.f. Of course, I couldn't not go shopping while I was there.

First I was responsible and got a couple of things that I need. I've been having to throw out a lot of my black work socks recently because they have holes in the heel. Sir (Daddy) had also told me that the Gold Toe socks are really good for when you're wearing work boots and working long hours. I knew Target carried them, so I got a pack of those socks. I'm excited to wear them next week when I'm doing some carp work for Speakeasy.

I also got a real lingerie laundry bag. I had been using a mesh laundry bag that was HUGE but did help protect my delicates somewhat. After the diddy bag (a theater word for lingerie bag) woes on Millie, I knew that Target carried them, so I scooped one up when I found out it was only $1.49.

The other thing I got was just for fun (got to dig through those $1 bins!). It's technically gift wrap. I may use it as that, since I don't technically have any wrapping paper that isn't Christmas-y, but I also though of using it as contact paper/craft paper. They were nice neutral patterns.

"Golddigger"
Next I went to Five Below since it was in the same plaza as Target and I had a little over six dollars on a Visa gift card that I needed to use up before tomorrow. I picked up a really nice gold eyeshadow by wet n wild. I've seen a lot of make-up tutorials lately with gold in them and it is a color that I do not have. Also, I'm pretty sure that gold is supposed to be good for brown eyes. The other reason I got it was that I have an idea to do five make-up looks based on Pixiwoo's five make-up tutorials for the Saturday's (a UK girl band). I have something to sub in for pretty much everything she used except for the gold/yellow eye. I wasn't going to go out and buy anything, but I stumbled across this at the store and it was quite inexpensive so I went ahead and snagged it. Not so exciting, I also got a spray bottle that I'm hoping to use for a DIY beauty project, so more on that later.

The other thing I got at Five Below was some nail polish! Again, unplanned, but I couldn't resist when I saw the colors. On the left are the two colors I got: wet n wil Wild Shine in 466 (a shimmery navy with purple and green tones) and Fresh Paint in Honeydew. The picture makes the Honeydew look a little lighter than it is, and the Wild Shine less interesting than it is. I'll have to post a picture when they're actually on my nails. Anyways, the other photo is Clinique's new Nail Enamel in Hula Girl. It's probably my favorite of all their limited edition colors, and (in person) I think that the Honeydew is actually a decent dupe. It is a little lighter than the Clinique, but I think I might actually prefer it. Now I just have to decide which one to use first! (Let's be honest, it's probably going to be the Honeydew.)

Color 466 and Honeydew
Clinique Nail Enamel in Hula Girl





















Finally, I went to CVS because I wanted to get a face mask. My pores are on the bigger side and I constantly have blackheads. The blackhead scrub I use nearly everyday helps, but I figured it wouldn't be a bad idea to get a face mask. I'd initially planned on getting a clay mask (though I tend to find them rather drying). I ended up getting this Freeman Peel-Off Facial Mask instead. It said it was good for normal/combination skin which is what I have. I tried out a bit on my hand when I got home and I'm excited to actually try it out on my face now. They also had an avacado and oatmeal clay mask that I may try out depending on how I like this cucumber peel-off one.

I also went out on a limb and got an NYC mascara- Show Time Waterproof Volumizing Mascara. It was super inexpensive so I figured it was worth trying. The e.l.f. mascara I got on a whim for the same reasons is growing on me and so I hope I have similar luck with this one.



No comments:

Post a Comment