11 March 2014

Beauty Review: Wet n Wild Mega Liner


I have been loving the winged liner look for almost a year now. I do it with shadow, with pencils, and, most often, with liquid liner. Lately I've been branching into colors other than black and charcoal. Which is why I made the wet n wild Mega Liner Liquid Eyeliner in 862A Indigo Blue one of my impulse purchases at CVS the other day. (You may recall the other thing I bought was the wet n wild Fergie Eyeshadow Primer.) I've already worn it twice since I purchased it and I must say I do really love the bright indigo blue. I took a few pictures the last time I wore it to include in my review. I kept the rest of the look fairly understated to let the blue really do the talking.




As I said, I do really love the color pay-off of this product. And the price point ($3) is pretty hard to beat. And, despite not being the "waterproof" formula," the liner stayed put. It didn't smudge or transfer at all when I wore it and it took more than water to remove it at the end of the day. I would at least consider it water resistant. Unfortunately, it was a little difficult to apply. The tube and brush is nearly identical to the e.l.f. Essential Liquid Liner, but it doesn't go on nearly as smoothly. After struggling a little bit with it, I realized that the issue was that it dries really quickly. This may sound like a good thing, but in fact it would start to dry on the brush as I was applying, making it difficult to get a nice, clean line. So, on the one hand, you don't have to worry about it getting everywhere while you're applying it, but on the other, you really have to work fast each time you take the brush out of the tube. I certainly don't regret this purchase by any means, but I probably won't buy any more of the wet n wild Mega Liners. I'll stick with the e.l.f. Essential Liquid Liners.

No comments:

Post a Comment